CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 26, 2010

Movin' on up

My younger sister, Tammy was informed on June 1st that her landlord was going to move back in to the house she is renting and she has 60 days to move. Tammy and Jeremy have been living in this house for 5 years. Jeremy has been in Alaska (for work) for the last couple of months and was not scheduled to be done until November. COMPLICATED!!

So Jeremy flew home for a week to help look for a house and pack. They currently live in Sonoma. Jeremy (when he is not working in Alaska) works in Rio Vista which is about 1/2 way to Lodi from Sonoma. Tammy works for Jeremy's dad in Sonoma. Anywhere between Sonoma and Lodi was the search radius.

They found a double wide modular home for rent in Thornton. The rent is only $800.00 per month. I have not seen said modular but from what I have been told, it is in good condition, it just hasn't been lived in for quite a while and needs to be cleaned. Well doesn't THAT sound fun!?!?!

So my mother, Luke and I went to Sonoma on Friday and stayed until Saturday afternoon to help pack. Jeremy and his friends had already moved all the big stuff out into a container (looks like a train car) that Tammy and Jeremy have. We were successful in packing up most everything that she is not going to need (as she will be living there for another 5 weeks).

This has been a whirlwind for Tammy and Jeremy as you can imagine and I am so glad that the majority of the work has been done. Jeremy flies back to Alaska on Wednesday morning and all Tammy has to do now is juggle; work, finishing packing; cleaning the new house, finding a new job and moving all 3 of her dogs eventually!

**sigh** I do NOT envy her!!

2 comments:

Becky said...

I don't envy her either. Moving is really such a drag.

Tammy said...

I don't envy me either, but I do know that God has the Grace and the plan to go with it, so all will be fine. I do miss my husband though :(

Post a Comment