...has been making my own, well, just about everything! I have made my own: toothpaste, lotion, carpet deodorizer, shampoo, play-dough, finger paints, deodorant, scrape/burn/rash ointment, shaving cream, window cleaner, laundry detergent, counter sanitizer, furniture polish, air fresheners, canned food, bread, sprouted flour, etc.
I have a PASSION for making and using as many 'natural' products (or pretty close to natural) as possible. I really enjoy making them and using them as well. I believe that God wants us to take care of ourselves the best way we know how. What better way to take care of ourselves but ensuring all manner of things which go in or on our bodies is homemade?
This is a fairly new passion of mine. It all came about when I was pregnant with Luke. My husband, Darren was very ill and I was taking 12 pills a day for high blood pressure. (I have not asked Darren's permission to reveal his illness in this post so I will withhold it out of respect.)
Darren was in one of the Bible book stores in Edmond, OK one day and happened to glance at a book entitled, "The Maker's Diet" by Jordan Rubin. He didn't purchase the book that day. However, that night he tells me about the book he thummed through and says, "I feel God wants me to go back to that bookstore tomorrow and buy that book.". I am so proud of him for listening to God speaking to him and obeying. It has been one of the best things that has ever happened to our family.
Darren read the book and then so did I. I was particularly drawn to this way of eating as it is based on biblical principals (post flood). We participated in a 40 day "trial" if you will, per the books suggestion. By the time the 40 days was up, I was down to 3 blood pressure pills a day and Darren was weaning himself off his medication. Within 3 months we were both of ALL medication and have remained that way for 2.5 years!
Since then, of course, we have been FAR from perfect in following our eating guidelines. Life happens, sometimes it is very overwhelming and one can only do what one can do at the time. More often than not, we stick to them and have reaped wonderful benefits by doing so. Out of that came my passion for healthy eating and healthy living.
My son will be 3 in December and has never had a soda (diet or regular), has never had artificial sweeteners, has never had a twinkie or the like, has never had cool-aid, never a TV dinner, never a low-fat food, never a meal out of a box or can and is a happy and VERY healthy little boy for it.
It may sound like what we eat is boring, but I tell you, that is certainly not the case. We eat QUITE well. Very rich foods, as I do not skimp on fat or flavor. We eat as our great grandparents might have. All food is REAL food and not from a manufacturer. No cheese that doesn't melt, no bread that is as stiff as cardboard, no science fiction low-fat, low-calorie, low-tasting foods.
I wrote all of that because I got a little excited and once it was written I was NOT going to erase it...LOL! The original meaning for this post was to get any and all recipes you, my readers, may have for REAL food and/or homemade household or personal products. I would really be interested in trying them!!
Water Storage Myths That Just Won’t Drown
3 weeks ago



0 comments:
Post a Comment