CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

A Jelly Ol' good time...

Yesterday my friend LaRee and I made pomegranate jelly and pomegranate/pepper jelly sweetened with honey and apple juice using this awesome recipe.  We have made jams/jellies with this recipe before and felt that this was going to be as successful as our past attempts...ummmmm, not so.

I woke up this morning and to my chagrin...the jelly did not set up.  NONE of it!  Oh well, I thought to myself...I guess we'll just have to use it as syrup or marinade or something like that.  Then LaRee calls me later in the morning, "Did your jelly set up?", she asks.  "No, it didn't.", I reply.  She then proceeds to tell me that she went looking around online and found a "fix it" recipe for jam/jelly that did not set up.

So I rush my happy little self over to her house, jelly and Luke in tow and we set about to re-do our jelly.  It was a funny experience (as all our endeavors together have been).  Now, we'll just have to wait until tomorrow morning to see if it worked...if not...does anyone need pomegranate syrup??  LOL!!

Wish me luck!

1 comments:

Becky said...

Good luck! It sounds super yummy...I hope it sets up for you.

Post a Comment