I am trying a new recipe for dinner tonight. It's called "Mexican Pot Roast". It is a crockpot recipe and I LOVE crockpot recipes!! I'll let you know if it's as tasty as I think it's going to be. Here is the recipe:
Mexican Pot Roast
2 cups dried Pinto beans
2 cans Cream of Mushroom Soup (I make my own because canned Cream of Mushroom Soup has MSG in it. The recipe for the homemade Cream of Mushroom Soup is below)
2 lbs Chuck Roast
1 can of Rotel
1 small can of chopped green chilis
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp oregano (I used Mexican oregano)
Spray crock pot with Pam (I used olive oil). Put the dried pinto beans in the crockpot and cover with water.*
Add 1 can of soup, the roast, the other can of soup, Rotel, chilis and spices. Cook on low for 16-20 hours or on high all day. You can also add potatoes and/or carrots if you prefer. Once completely cooked, break meat apart, cool to thicken. Serve on tortillas or over rice.
*I soaked the beans overnight to speed up the cooking process. You can do it either way.
Homemade Cream of Mushroom Soup
Compliments of my friend Denise Highfill
1/4 cup sliced (I dice them) mushrooms
2 Tbsp butter
1/2 cup flour
4 cups milk
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp parsley flakes
Saute the mushrooms in the butter. Mix the flour with 1 1/2 cups of milk until smooth. Slowly add this mixture to the mushrooms, whisking constantly. Slowly add the remainder 2 1/2 cups of milk. Whisk until smooth and bubbly. Add salt, pepper and parsley flakes. Remove from heat. Soup will thicken as it cools. Feel free to add more milk to reach desired consistency. Makes the equivalent of 3 cans of condensed soup.
Update: My family loved the recipe! We will be making this again in the future for sure!
Water Storage Myths That Just Won’t Drown
3 weeks ago



0 comments:
Post a Comment