CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The case of the perpetually missing spoons...

Spoons made in USSRImage via Wikipedia
When you open your silverware (or flatware as some refer to it) drawer, do you most often have an equal number of forks, knives and spoons waiting to be utilized??  Yes?  No?  Well, the answer for me would have to be no.  More often than not, the spoons have gone missing.

Not just the little teaspoons; but the soup spoons, the serving spoons and the plastic spoons I keep for just such an occasion when all the other spoons are missing.  How in the world do we go through so many spoons?  When I am loading the dishwasher (for the 5th time in a day) my spoons are already usually in their caddy.  If I have made soup for dinner, inevitably I will have to wash some spoons so we can partake of the soup I made.

It's true, I need to purchase more flatware/silverware.  With our expanding family, we will need more utensils.  I am a stay-at-home Mom, so we probably go through more utensils than those who have nobody at home most of the day.  I also cook most of our meals, perhaps that has something to do with it?  I don't know.  What I do know is, unless I have just emptied the dishwasher in the the last hour...chances are, when I reach for a spoon, one will not be clean or available for immediate use.  More than likely I will have to grab one out of the sink or the dishwasher and wash it by hand.

Does anyone else have this problem???
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comments:

Tammy said...

Tell me, how many spoons do you have? ;) You need new/more silverware! :)

Post a Comment