CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Soap Nuts

Yeah, that's not a typo in the title.  I am going to try these little berries called Soap Nuts.  Soap nuts are the dried fruit of the Chinese Soapberry tree. They contain saponin, a natural cleaner. They are simply harvested, de-seeded, and then dried in the sun.  When you are done with them, just throw them in your compost pile!

I read a blog about a lady with 3 children and a husband who uses these regularly for her clothing (not cloth diapers, she said after extended use with the diapers they started to repel).  It's naturally a color brightener, cleaner and helps reduce the need for fabric softener.

I just bought enough for 160+ loads at $15.60 + $6.20 for shipping.  This is a cost (if I only get 160 loads out of them) of $0.14 per load!  Pretty cool!  If you'd like to take a gander, go to NaturOli for more info.

I will let you know how it goes in a later post.  I should get them in the next couple days.

Wish me luck!

0 comments:

Post a Comment