CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Ways to serve our friends

In the last couple of years, I have tried to find ways to serve my friends (family included).  Jesus served his friends and others while he was on the earth...he must want us to do the same.  I am not a very creative person by nature...I tend to find one thing that works and stick with it.  However, when it comes to serving my friends, I feel I should begin to stretch myself just a little and find new ways, every now and again.

My typical service is to bring a meal.  Often, one of my friends has just had a baby, is ill or just overwhelmed in general and I enjoy taking a home-cooked meal to help lighten their load.

I need some help coming up with new ways I can serve my friends and family.  Please keep in mind I have 2 young boys so there are some things I simply cannot do at this point in my life.  However, I am aware there is more available to do than what I am currently doing and I am open to suggestions.

Anyone??

1 comments:

Jen~ Lipstick and Laundry said...

Even thinking on a smaller scale and bake some muffins, or cookies and drop them to a friend (I like chocolate chip) ;) just because... Send a card using "snail mail" who doesn't like fun mail. If you know a friend likes or collects something and you are out thrifting and you see something that screams "them" pick it up and drop it off to them. When you make your jam, lotion, etc... package up some and drop them off to your friend or friends... I find packaging them cute and fun is a bonus blessing... Those are some things my friends and I do for each other...

Post a Comment