CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Cloth diapering a newborn

Ok.  So Zachary is now 12 days old.  For the first couple of days (until his cord fell off) I did not use cloth diapers regularly.  I found that because they are a little bigger than the disposables I couldn't keep them off his cord.

After his cord fell off I have been using exclusively the workhorse diapers (link to see them here).  They are the only diapers I could find that actually fit a NEWBORN.  The prefolds are WAY too big (even the small ones) so I will try them again in the next couple of weeks.

I LOVE them!  I had forgotten how fast newborns go through diapers and I could almost FEEL my pocketbook shrinking every time I changed a disposable diaper!!  LOL!

I have been rinsing out and washing the cloth diapers, covers and cloth wipes every night (I have a total of 24 diapers and 4 covers).  I then have enough to 'bleach' the stained ones the next morning in the sun.

I will say to my diapering adventure...so far, so good!

1 comments:

Jen~ Lipstick and Laundry said...

That is wonderful... Keep up the good work!

Post a Comment